Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Williams Warriors

Since the minute my family moved into the Pickerington Ward, I have had a special place for the Williams family in my heart. Susan was my seminary teacher, Jay was always either in charge of the youth or in the bishopric, the girls I looked up to, and the boys I adored.

They are an INCREDIBLE family. You hear this ALL the time, but the Williams are the people everyone strives to be like because the emulate the Savior so well. You can just feel the love they have for our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.

I woke up a morning last week, checked facebook, email, bank account, then checked to see if anyone was up to anything new that week on blogspot. Alli posted a blog about her dad and I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face as I ached for her and her family.

Jay was diagnosed with color cancer. The wonderful members of the Church and the Williams family are holding a benefit and auction for them. Please come and support this family battling cancer because the Williams family truly are Warriors.

Jay Williams Benefit and Auction
Friday, April 23rd
5:30-8 p.m.
642 Theron Drive Pickerington (Preston Trails)
There will be a carnival, games, food, auction, inflatables, and much more.
All proceeds will go to the family's medical bills, relocating for better treatment, and being closer to family.

No comments: